Move existing inventory to another SKU
- Open the original cargo record. Copy the inventory information to a spreadsheet or paper.
- Add negative adjusting entries for each location. For example, if Barn A has a balance of 48, then create another record deducting 48 (i.e. -48) from Barn A.
- Do not save yet.
- Create a new cargo record.
- Add inventory information (including barcodes) copied in step 1.
- Link this new cargo record to a purchase contract/order as necessary.
- Save and close the new cargo record.
- Go back to the original cargo record. Remove the barcode from each inventory row.
- Save and close the original cargo record.