Using Report Builder
Learn to Use Report Builder:
- Check out the Custom Reports page for Report Builder downloads.
- Learn to use the tool by reading MSDN SSRS Tutorials.
- Learn to write T-SQL statements.
- Third, follow the patterns found in existing reports.
Important Report properties:
- Language: Set to "=User!Language"
- Description: Set to the Feature Mnemonic from HAAL (i.e. R163, etc.)
- This is used to correlate the feature permissions with the report object.
- If the Mnemonic is not found in HAAL, the report will not be shown.
The following parameters are automatically replaced with session values when a report is run:
- CNN: Connection String
- TIMEOFFSET: Current UTC time offset in minutes (PT = -480)
- IMG: Company image URL
- ALIAS: User alias
- USERID: UserId in HAAL
- USERPARTY: PartyId of the User's Party record
- Locale: 5 character Locale code (en-US)
- IsGlobal: If this parameter exists, the UI will show report on main menu even if other rules would hide it
- REPORT: The name of the report as it was run from the UI
- You do not need to have all of these parameters on every report. Just pick the ones that apply.
- If a parameter is the same as the Primary or Secondary Key for a particular form (such as Booking == BookingId), then the report will automatically be shown on that form.
Hyperlinks in Reports
- To open a Shipper form from within a report, set a hyperlink action in the report using the following url:
- [FEATURE] is the Feature Mnemonic from HAAL
- [ID] is optional and is the database primary key of the object. For example: http://autourl.aspx?B008=12345
- To open an attachment:
- Where 30717 = the AttachmentId
- AND 2011-08-17-020933.jpg = the File Name
- You can also use this same method for any web page displayed within the hosted browser window of Shipper!
Where to save Reports:
- Standard Reports are typically /ShipperXL/ShipperXL. These are replaced with every build so do not change or update these reports.
- Custom Reports are typically /Custom/[CustomFolder]
- If the Mnemonic of a report is the same as a standard report, the custom report will replace the standard report wherever it may be found and will inherit the standard report's permissions.
- Otherwise, custom reports are only shown in the Custom Reports folder.