Optional Mail Reader:
This service downloads email from a dedicated email account via Event Manager. If the email has attachments and the subject line corresponds to a Cargo, Shipment, or SKU in the database then the attachments will be uploaded and attached. Otherwise, the email will be deleted from the inbox and a reply will be sent to the sender.
- You will need to request this service to be configured by sending the email address, server name, and password to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We suggest setting up an account with outlook.com. Here are the relevant settings:
Install Event Manager
NOTE: These instructions are intended only for knowledgeable IT staff. This is for HURKIN cloud servers only.
- Download the "Event Manager Service". http://apps.hurkin.com/downloads/Hurkin.Shipper.EventService.msi
- Run and complete the installation
- Browse to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hurkin Software\Shipper Event Manager" directory
- Open "Hurkin.Shipper.EventService.exe.config" with notepad.
- Edit the text file changing <value /> to <value>the-value-you-set</value>
- Instance -- Set the value to the name of the DATABASE code
- License -- Set the value to the LICENSE code
- Example: <setting name="Instance" serializeAs="String"> <value>DEV1</value> </setting>
- Start services.msc and find "Hurkin Shipper Event Manager"
- Configure the login as appropriate.
- Start the service and confirm that it stays running
- Watch the Event Log for errors.